Who am I?
What Have I Done?
Skills & Experience
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to rapidly learn, adapt, and provide value with new knowledge and technologies
- Mentorship of other developers (5 years)
- Node.js development of web sites and services (1 year)
- C# and VB.NET development of web sites and services, libraries, desktop apps, and batch processing applications and services (7 years)
- C++ design and development of batch applications and COM DLL components (3 years)
- C++ and VB design and development of user interfaces and ATL/Server web applications (1-2 years)
- Oracle database design and PL/SQL development (4 years)
- MS SQL Server database design and T-SQL development (3 years)
- Data warehouse design and implementation (3 years)
Apps, Tools, Processes, Etc. (in rough order of decreasing familiarity)
- ASP.NET, Moq, Autofac, JQuery, Node.js, Backbone.js, underscore.js, require.js, Knockout.js
- MSTest, xUnit, HTML, CSS, NHibernate, Visual Studio, Linux
- WPF, Agile principles, TFS, RavenDB, Oracle, MS SQL Server, JIRA
- VMWare, MS Office, VBScript
- Document imaging
Edgenet (Waukesha, WI)
Senior Software Architect, August 2015 - Present
- Core development on software products.
- Architectural development and planning for subsystem responsibilities and interactions, with the goal of improving system stability, transparency, and ease of evolution.
- Establish infrastructure patterns and build shared components to help developers do the right things, quickly and consistently.
- Research concepts, tools, and techniques. Educate the team regarding them, and analyze the business case for adopting or rejecting them.
- Advocate for processes, tools, and automation improvements to enhance predictability, repeat-ability, and inspect-ability across the entire software development life-cycle.
SafeNet Consulting (Milwaukee, WI)
Senior Software Consultant, November 2014 - July 2015
- (See engagement details for Johnson Controls below.)
Johnson Controls (Milwaukee, WI)
Software Developer (Consultant), November 2014 - July 2015
- Developed a single-page web application and supporting services with Node.js for the web server and services
- Knockout front end, socket.io for web sockets and communication between web server and services.
- Consulted on refinement of the product's internal architecture and the project's Agile process.
Red Arrow Labs (Milwaukee, WI)
Software Architect, March 2011 - November 2014
- Responsible for technical design and development specializing in architecture and infrastructure concerns, reusable tools, and code quality.
- Designed and built an internally ubiquitous .NET library for fluent/declarative definition of data mapping between structures at different layers of an application.
- Designed core data structures and data flows for governmental water quality data clearinghouse. The system digested millions of new data points daily into a multi-decade history of 30 million day summary records.
- Developed a Windows service for collecting and storing millions of realtime control system measurements across several OPC servers.
- Mentored other developers in topics such as Test-Driven Design and Development, analysis, design patterns, and clean coding.
- Conducted individual and team code reviews.
- Screened job candidates for technical competency.
- Planned and presented tech talks and workshops for the development team.
Milwaukee Alt .NET (Milwaukee, WI)
Co-organizer, June 2011 - December 2013
- Coordinated and communicate local professional interest group meetings.
- Presented technical talks to the group when outside speakers could not be found.
Security MicroImaging (Milwaukee, WI)
Product Development Manager, June 2010 - March 2011
ECM Services Engineer, May 2008 - June 2010
- Responsible for design and tactical planning surrounding product efforts.
- Developed a .NET Windows Forms application for lightweight and ad hoc desktop image capture, supporting multiple acquisition modes and archival modes provided via isolated and secure plug-ins. Supported TWAIN scanners, OCR, and large documents up to hundreds of pages in length.
- Coordinated regular developer meetings to foster communication, knowledge sharing, and cooperation among the developers.
- Served as a trusted advocate of good programming and design practices.
Three Rivers Technologies (La Crosse, WI)
Software Development Consultant, June 2004 – April 2008
- Served as primary developer and technical lead on a Data Warehouse team handling up to 50,000 transactions nightly and a history of over 40 million transactions.
- Designed database schemas and developed processing logic in PL/SQL and SQL for data warehousing on an Oracle platform.
- Resident expert in PL/SQL and SQL development, data warehouse design and implementation concerns, and the system architecture.
- Performed C# maintenance and feature development on a commercial Windows application for image management.
- Recognized for communication skills and dedication to client satisfaction.
Direct Supply, Inc. (Milwaukee, WI)
Intern Software Developer, October 2000 - February 2004
- Designed and implemented a software project cataloging system that tracked nearly 1,000 in-house projects. Developed all aspects of the system, including table and query design, automated load processes, COM data access components, and a web interface.
- Designed and developed automated processes and COM components in both C++ and VB.
- Developed user interfaces in C++ and VB, and web applications in C++.
- Designed table schemas and developed associated T-SQL scripts for MS SQL Server.
What’s on my diploma?
May 2004 - Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering
Milwaukee School of Engineering (Milwaukee, WI)
Major GPA 3.51 out of 4.0
Can anyone corroborate this?
References are available upon request, for viable prospects.